This week I am obsessed with this adorable Japanese flower coaster free pattern by Daisy Cottage Designs. I’ve already completed one set in a sage color, and now I’m working on this patriotic red, white and blue set.
This one is in progress
Here is a finished coaster
Here the 2 are together. I have 2 more to make to complete the set.
I also have another set that I’m working on (why can’t I finish a set before starting another?!) in blue, yellow and green. Sorry, I didn’t take a picture of that one. If you absolutely love this pattern and would like to try it yourself, the pattern can be found at Daisy Cottage Designs.
What are you working on this week? Share a link, I would love to visit and see!
Visit my link parties page to find out where I am linked up to!
I did have a few people interested in the pattern for the flower coasters. This is my first pattern that I’ve written for anyone other than myself, so please ask if there’s anything I don’t explain well!
***** Note: the 1st 7 rounds are worked in a spiral, do not join to the 1st stitch of round, but do mark the beginning of each round.
1. Begin with a magic circle.
2. Round 1: 6 single crochet into circle (6 stitches)
3. Round 2: 2 single crochet into each stitch around (12 stitches)
4. Round 3: *1 single crochet in 1st stitch, 2 single crochet in 2nd stitch*. Repeat between ** around (18 stitches)
5. Round 4: *1 single crochet in 1st 2 stitches, 2 single crochets in 3rd stitch*. Repeat between ** around (24 stitches)
6. Round 5: *1 single crochet in 1st 3 stitches, 2 single crochet in 4th stitch*. Repeat between ** around (30 stitches)
7. Round 6: *1 single crochet in 1st 4 stitches, 2 single crochet in 5th stitch*. Repeat between ** around (36 stitches)
8. Round 7: *1 single crochet in 1st 5 stitches, 2 single crochet in 6th stitch*. Repeat between ** around (42 stitches). For this round, join to the first stitch of this round with a slip stitch.
9. Round 8: *chain 6, skip next 3 stitches, slip stitch into 4th stitch. Slip stitch in stitches 5, 6, 7.*. (1st petal). Repeat between **. You will have 7 petals when finished. Slip stitch to join in 1st chain of round
10. Round 9: single crochet around each petal and each slip stitch of previous round. Join with slip stitch to 1st single crochet of round.
11. Weave in ends.
That’s it! Here is a picture of the 2 I’ve completed so far. Sorry, I haven’t weaves in my ends yet. Let me know how this works for you!
I am linking up with these great parties today: